(Sarah dear, the "peace"and "joy" pictures are for you!)
I spent Christmas Eve bustling around my lovely little apartment making vanocka, going on a run around Diosd, putting hostess gifts together, cleaning, and listening to classical Christmas carols. It was wonderful. And then I had dinner at the home of Parker's close friends, some of whom I already knew from BFA and Wheaton days. I had so much fun getting caught up with them. And then I spent the rest of the night with my good friends from the school, Paula, Emily, Heather and Lisa A. We made cookies, told stories, did hand stands, put out a fire, and fell asleep to "A Christmas Story".
Hungarians celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. And then they take the next two days off as holidays, where hardly any stores are open, especially on the 26th. It was amusing to me how many of them were finally getting their trees on the 24th. I saw so many cars with trees on top at the last minute.
Budapest is certianly a beautiful city to be in around Christmas. I will have to post some pictures of the Christmas Market and the lights down town at a future point.
Merry Christmas ans Happy New Year to you!
2 comments:
I love how you just casually mention our apt. fire! :)
Amsterdam is pretty cool...but I wish you were here! thinking about you in (hopefully warmer) Italy!
Hang up the holly and celebrate!
Those are some very creative cookies- Nice! I love these little glimpses into your daily life there- can't wait to see more!
Sarah
Post a Comment