
The Bible study that I am co-leading for our Senior girls has been going through Hosea (click on the picture to open it and you'll be able to read it a lot better). It's not a book frequently turned to for encouragement, but after reading it again, and again, and again, I'm not sure why it isn't. I have been so encouraged by it. It is ever a reminder of the great, unconditional love of our God who wont put up with our disregard for him, but wants so badly for us to look to him and love him. These two verses particularly speak of the love and care and gentleness with which he has dealt with his people. What a good God he is! I am so thankful for Him and His love towards me.
Thanksgiving in Hungary is quite different, I must say, than in the States. I ended up at two different feasts with two different American families and ate enough food for the next month. That should help my food bill. And although you cannot find canned pumpkin here, somebody at each feast managed to make pumpkin pie. I love it. I think they actually took a pumpkin ("Tök" in Hungarian) and pureed the inside to get the necessary consistency. All natural, the real way to do it. A lot more work, but all the more appreciated!
So, Thanksgiving has already come and gone, and I can't believe it! I only have two more full weeks of school and then exams, and then Christmas break! Only two weeks away! I finally get into the swing of things, and then this! Actually the truth is that knowing I get a break in two weeks is what keeps me going these days.
3 comments:
happy b-day Lisa Blomquist
thank you, Anonymous!
look who's copying who now! =)
What a gorgeous picture! oh yeah, the one of the leaves is nice too =)
Sarah, and a stinky joshua
Post a Comment