Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ratatouilli (the real stuff)

As I sit at my desk in my classroom at 7pm after a long day of classes and volleyball practice, I am thankful for ratatouille (the food, not the movie). It's so delicious and so nutritious. For those of you who are not familiar with it, it's a combination of any number of vegetables cooked down on the stove top and lightly seasoned. The main ingredients are tomatoes, zuchini, onions, and I really like mine with eggplant and summer squash. Some olive oil and garlic start it all off, and then there really is nothing more to add, because the flavors of the vegetables take it from there, and it's SO good. I really should say I'm thankful for Beth Weaver, one of the missionary ladies here who makes this ratatouille that is my dinner. She has an appreciation for nutrition like I do and in addition to ratatouille makes peanut butter (a very expensive commodity here) from just peanuts, salsa (also rare and expensive here), and sells these items at the school. I have her to thank for providing some nutrition to my hurried days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like rata"fooey" to me! jk =) I just made a fresh batch of salsa and it is yumo! would send you some, but that would be gross...

sarah