Thursday, September 13, 2007

Did you know the Chicken dance is a volleyball practice cool-down?

I just remembered something from today that was so funny it made me laugh as I was in bed and falling asleep. I decided it was worth getting up and documenting. At the end of volleyball practice today, we coaches were trying to figure out who should be our captains, based on team member vote and our own insight. We made the girls laps while we had our little pow-wow. Usually I have them do different drills like high knees and grapevine and shuffles, but we just told Liz, a junior, to lead them in whatever she wanted to do. We were anticipating she would follow my example... She starts them off just jogging the first few laps, but as we're standing there in a serious discussion, all of the sudden we notice the girls not running by, but walking by, and doing the chicken dance! We just laughed, shook our heads, and went on with our deliberations. Next time around, the girls are now doing the Skooby-Doo/Shaggy walk, with their heads way forward and their hips way forward. They looked hilarious, all in a row like that. Leave them to their own volition and this is what they choose to do. I couldn't help cracking up at them. I love the freedom that they embody. Sigh. So funny. And good night.

1 comment:

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

glad to hear things are going good! Laughing is so healthy...I'm having issues with editing my profile- can you troubleshoot for me? 'cause I know you have nothing better to do...