This shot is taken from the other side of Parliament (scroll down to see prettier pictures of the building). On Saturday the demonstrators in front of the Parliament building were 20,000 strong. For the most part they have been peaceful. The Hungarian people simply don't want to be lied to, as their PM has blatantly admitted to doing. There is a lot of political upheaval, as elections are coming up on Oct. 1. I'm trying to stay up with it all, but I definately feel somewhat detached, as we are 25 miles from where stuff is happening and I can't see beyond my lesson plans for the next day at this point.
Monday, September 25, 2006
the other side of parliament
This shot is taken from the other side of Parliament (scroll down to see prettier pictures of the building). On Saturday the demonstrators in front of the Parliament building were 20,000 strong. For the most part they have been peaceful. The Hungarian people simply don't want to be lied to, as their PM has blatantly admitted to doing. There is a lot of political upheaval, as elections are coming up on Oct. 1. I'm trying to stay up with it all, but I definately feel somewhat detached, as we are 25 miles from where stuff is happening and I can't see beyond my lesson plans for the next day at this point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean about feeling distanced. I, too, feel the same way!
Post a Comment