Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What's in a name?

Here is a list of the names my students have called me in the past few weeks. For some reason the name Blomquist is fun to play with, and in good spirit my students do. I don't let it get out of hand, protecting the boundaries of respect students need to have for teachers, but these kids are so awesome that these names are more endearing than anything. Here's the short list:

1) Miss Blomquist (expected)
2) Professor Blomquist (oh please)
3) Blooms/Bloomie (nickname that really shouldn't be used by students)
4) Miss B-quizzle (I'm still Lisa from the block?)
5) Miss Beasley (apparently I remind some one of Pam from 'The Office')
and...
6) Big Momma Blooms (also not appropriate for students to be calling me this, and so I don't let them, but it's hilarious because I'm so the antithesis of this G name)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if it's the name that's fun to play with or the personality with a name, Lisa Anne the Pizza Pan or Auntie Madusa etc.
Anyway, I love you! Mamka

Nature Notes from Nadvornia said...

Big Momma Blooms! That's awesome! live it loud and proud! =) Ah, it makes me laugh.

thanks for sharing Wheezer (good thing they don't know about that one, huh!)

Stacy said...

Hey, Brian gets called "bloomie" all the time by people at work. Some of our friends refer to us as "the Bloomie's". Interesting... When my last name was "rivers" nobody ever changed it around. What a fun new last name I have! :)