The leaves are turning here, and the air is cool and crisp. But not too cold that I can't go running in short sleeves. I went on a run this morning during a prep period (I felt A LITTLE guilty) and soaked in the sun and the smokey fall smells. My route takes me along the edge of some orchards back in the hills of Diosd, and I really wanted to turn off the road and go get lost among the trees. But responsibility steered me away. By the way, I work through my lunch period, and I put in PLENTY of hours after school, so the prep period is sometimes my only chance for a decent work out.
Last Sunday one of the new teachers, Hannah, who is from Geneva, WI =) made apple crisp for all the other single teachers (which, may I point out, for the exception of one, are all girls) in honor of her dad's birthday. It's his favorite dessert, which he requests in place of cake on his birthday. I know another dad who dearly loves apple crisp, and so I felt an immediate bond with Hannah, a bond that is stronger than the Wisconsin bond. But I wish I could be sitting at "home" eating some apple crisp with my dad right now. That would be the perfect Fall day.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kavu uz mam. Kde je ten kolac? That would cap off a beautiful fall afternoon here, Lis! Mom's page has pics of our apple-pickin' outing with Sarah and Lo. G-ma Betty and G&K head to the farm Friday. Off to work after I call E.
LY, DOD
UH-HUH! I've got the crisp filling all ready- you just get over here and I'll call Dad and Mom!
Post a Comment