Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God
Now that you have the song stuck in your head (sorry), let me explain my reason for gladness...no, excitement...no, sheer delight! that I'm part of His family. Since August, I have been sleeping on a mattress that is lacking in so many ways. The mattress is relatively thin and I can feel every single spring. It has no box spring, and while it has enough wooden slats to support it, the mattress itself just sags in the middle. Another issue that exists to compound this less than happy sleeping situation is that the windows in my room are very drafty (again, they don't believe in sealant over here) and even with towels stuffed around them, my room is very cold, and I feel it most THROUGH my mattress. So, early on I was on the hunt for a mattress pad, to no avail. Shortly after coming back from the states, one of the teachers here, Elaine (another mid westerner, hails from Minnesota), popped her head into my room with a big, excited smile on her face and said, "I ordered you a mattress!". What??? She had also been back in the states and had come across a really good deal on one of those memory foam mattresses at Kohl's, and so she ordered it for me! She even refused to tell me the cost, saying that she just wanted to bless me! and that it should be arriving in a couple weeks. So, it's been a couple weeks, and just today, she popped her head into my classroom again, and with her she had the mattress topper that I CANNOT WAIT TO USE!. I wanted to ditch school right then and go try it out. I'm so excited. But more than anything I'm SO incredibly touched by Elaine's generosity and evident love for Jesus. It is a good thing to live in this community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How sweet, thoughtful and generous!
John 13:35 "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
Galatians 5:13 "For ye, brethren, were called for freedom; only use not your freedom for an occasion to the flesh, but through love be servants one to another."
Thanks for sharing this testimony of God's provision for you- it's encouraging and challenging at the same time!
Those Minnesota folk - great people! :)
I'm excited for you too! How great a blessing from one of your co-workers! A good night's rest sure helps everything along. PTL
Mamka
Post a Comment