Monday, August 13, 2007

10 Best

10 Best things about Summer 2007, in no particular order

1. Spending time with my family, whether over meals, while building a fence, or at the coffee shop
2. Being captivated by lil' Joshers; hanging out with his parents was pretty cool, too
3. Playing with Petey in his soccer league
4. Visiting Claire in DC, where we refused to back down in our tennis game due to some petty rainstorm. We got soaked.
5. National Spy Museum. I loved it. I am newly inspired... You THINK that I'm in Hungary just as a teacher...
6. Coffee, pool, pilates, spin, and running with Nat
7. running and walking by my Lake
8. KU's Dog Days! I LOVED those workouts...such a great idea
9. Actually relaxing while watching a movie. I learned It's OK not to be productive from time to time. (Except I wasn't exactly relaxed watching Gladiator for the first time)
10. Having lots of time to read my Bible and "Experiencing God". I've come away so refreshed.

10 Best Things about international airplane travel, in no particular order

1. You can watch Blades of Glory 3 times in a row.
2. You get an excellent trapezius workout carrying a 5olb. backpack around the terminals
3. You might get lucky and not have anyone sit next to you so you can spread out. I said 'might'. It only happens 2% of the time, but it's the hope of it that makes it one of the best things.
4. the sunrise
5. the moonrise
6. Every overhead announcement is translated into at least one if not two other languages
7. Flipping through the SkyMall magazine and seeing what ridiculous thing they've come up with now, like the stroller for your dog (!), or the attachments for your trees that make them look like they have faces
8. Sudoku
9. You can say things like, "Oh yeah, I've been to London". Just leave out the fact that you were on a 3 hour layover and didn't see beyond the tarmac at terminal 1, or else it wont sound as cool.
10. You never know who you might end up sitting with. It may be a guy who has this really cool flight simulation software on his laptop that he is so excited to show off to you, and shows you all the incredible missions he's flown on it, and while he's at it he'll show you pictures of all the cool places that he's travelled to with his buddies and his wife and for his top secret assignments, and before you know it he'll have kept you from 2 solid hours of sleep. And who wants to sleep on an 8 hour flight?


And finally, the 10 Best things, so far, about being back in Budapest, in no particular order

1. Kerek edgy capuccino?
2. My 4 mile running course in the hills of Diosd
3. Being with my good friend and roommate Pauuuuuuuuuula, who will kill any spider for me
4. Having such sweet landlords!
5. IKEA only 10 min. away
6. the drier, cooler climate
7. My coworkers - they are so amazing
8. that we start our workday off with prayer and a message from the Word
9. my house is aweswome- I have a queen sized bed! I've NEVER had a queen- sized bed.
10. I already KNOW this place. It's familiar territory for me. That makes such a huge difference.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, I got the spiders! but if we ever have a mouse, he's all yours....

Claire said...

Don't kill the spiders! Release them back out into the great outdoors! The kill icky bugs!